Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ireland 2012 - Days One and Two

On our first day, we arrived and had a trek from the airport to the town I grew up in, Crumlin.  We had a few errands to run (Eoin needed to be fitted for his tuxedo) but more or less went to a great dinner at O'Connors and then called it a night! 

After a full day of traveling on Day 1, Day 2 was spent relaxing for the most part! We explored a little bit of my hometown. While many things have changed, there is so much that has remained the same - I love it. Everyone is a little bit older, there are new buildings and some are gone; but there are old buildings and businesses still standing, many people remember me and I still know my way around town.


We stayed with my cousin Paul and his wife (or soon to be) Grainne, while my mom stayed with my Auntie Hannah and Jordan's parents stayed at a little b&b right on the outskirts of town. We met Jordan's parents for a late breakfast at the bakery in town (Bush's). I ate everything in sight which is no surprise; it is my comfort food! Jordan loves the Irish breakfasts too!

Everyone is Ireland is much more laid back and relaxed. While errands were ran this day, there was a wedding the next day afterall,
In order to burn some energy and start seeing 'the sights,' we decided to take a short walk to Crumlin Glen.  This is literally inside the town I grew up in.  It is amazing how you take beauty for granted while you are surrounded by it!  The Glen reminds me of Fern Gully . . . waterfalls, green everywhere!  I was so excited to show Jordan, the boys and Dean and Lisa just how gorgeous Ireland is, but the thing is, this was just the beginning!  


Eoin and Papa hiking through the Glen





McKaylah, Kennedy, Eoin and Liam . . . Irish cousins!  Liam is sitting on the "wishing stone" outside of the Cockle House that is buried deep within the Glen.


The Kohns


Eoin had a blast throwing rocks into the water!  Everytime he would throw one, he threw his arms up in victory.



My cheeky little monkey!

The Glen is literally just down the street from my Auntie Hannah's house, she lives on Mill Road and the Glen is right next to an Old Mill.

Just outside of the Glen, we are in a spot where 5 modes of transportation combine.  We are standing on a path next to a roadway (vehicle and foot), a river runs beneath the road, a railway is above the road and it is also a flight path for the nearby airport . . . the more you know :)


everyone gathering at Auntie Hannah's house . . . (l to r) Angeline (my cousin Michael's girlfriend) and my fav cousin, Paul (the groom) and Helena, excuse my super cheesy smile!

No comments: