Thursday, January 3, 2008

Auld Lang Syne





Happy New Year! Jordan and I had a New Year's Eve celebration at Killarney's amidst the huge snow storm. Tony and Mickey had a lovely dinner catered in from Central Station for employees and others before the bar officially opened. We had a delicious fare and had great company; Jaci and Jake also joined in the fun and Jaci is right at about 32 weeks preggo, so I had many questions, etc. for her! She looks fantastic.
My plan was to stay on as long as I felt up to it . . . I made no promises of making it until midnight, but armed with my Welch's sparkling grape juice, I surpassed midnight and made it all the way until 12:30. Unfortunately at that point I had to spoil Jordan's fun and ask if we could leave. He was more than happy to accomodate my request, although, for only the second time since I have been pregnant, he took advantage of a built in designated driver. Although up until we left, I had a great time. It was so nice to be able to still enjoy the company of those at a bar since it was smoke free (well, for the most part, but the instant someone came near me while smoking, Andy Naeger and Jordan made sure they knew not to come around again! They were so protective!) I spent most of the night playing touch screen word search, which was actually very entertaining to me.
As you can see by the pictures above, my true pale complexion is really at its height at the moment. The only gripe I have about pregnancy is that fact that I cannot tan. For those of you who do not know, tanning can raise your core body temperature which can be very harmful for the baby (this is the same reason hot tubs are out of the question). I feel so, for lack of a better word, yucky, but I am not tanning! But, when you glance at the picture of Erin and I together, doesn't the song "Ebony and Ivory" come to mind?
2007 was fantastic! Some highlights included our wedding and honeymoon (I want to go back so badly! Maybe for my sister's wedding!!!), Kelly's engagement, McKaylah's 1st birthday, starting my job and loving it, Jordan starting his new job and already receiving a promotion, finding out we are pregnant!!!
2008 is going to be fantastic! Some things we are looking forward to include the birth of our child, our first wedding anniversary, the many firsts that come with a baby, the birth of our neice or nephew Segal, many weddings including Stacy and Jess, Jaclyn and Mike, Tara and John, and Katie and John, some renovations to house and of course spending lots of time with those nearest and dearest to us!
Tomorrow is d-day on the gender sonogram! I am incredibly excited! It came so quickly . . . I can hardly believe that I am 18 weeks and 4 days along . . . pretty soon, I am sure I will stop adding the days to the end of my week count, but I am not ready to just yet! Nevertheless, we will find out tomorrow if we are going to be overwhelmed with pink or blue . . .

1 comment:

Ciarra M. Kohn said...

For some reason, blogspot is not acknowledging my spacing, so sorry if this post is difficult to read, I am trying to remedy the problem!