Thursday, January 31, 2008

Landon Donovan or David Beckham??

I cannot believe how quickly my pregnancy seems to be going. Rapid, lightening fast! Although, I must say that answering the question of when I am due with "June," seems so far away still! Although, note to all involved that I am convinced that this baby is going to make his arrival in May. I'm just saying, when it happens, you heard it here first, folks. I was early (2 weeks, I must not have liked it and from there on out decided never to be early again) and Jordan was early (2 months) so, the chances are, we'll have a little early bird on our hands.

We also have a little soccer player on our hands. Considering how my family ended up in the U.S. this is not really that big of a surprise to me and I love feeling him move around more than anything!!!! Jordan has been very patient and finally got to feel him kick for the first time the other night! The little man seems to be most active at night right before I am ready to fall asleep; however, I also feel him moving quite a bit while sitting at work . . .I am not certain if these are really his "active" moments or these are the times when I am more at rest, so I actually feel him.


At this point I feel very unprepared for a baby to arrive, but I just keep having to tell myself that we still have 18 weeks~although it will definitely be a busy 18 weeks! On the work side of things, I do not have an intern this spring, so my workload has increased quite a bit. I am still searching for an intern for the summer, but since I will be gone for a major part of the summer, I am being very picky! I am already getting things in order, however, and am beginning to feel prepared to leave for awhile. At home, we were beginning to work on the nursery when we decided to look at a new house. We liked it. A lot. And so now, instead of working on a nursery, we are preparing our house to put it on the market. The house we looked at is actually only 6 houses away from Grandma and Grandpa Kohn. All parties are very excited about the possibilities; of course any offer we made on the house would be contingent upon us selling ours. (Side note: Know anyone looking for a house. I love ours and it has lots of upgrades and a FANTASTIC yard! Located at Linden and Virginia it is very close to the trail)


I am getting bigger, or should I say, Little Boy is getting bigger everyday. Tossing and turning usually comes with some moans and groans these days and Jordan usually cannot help but giggle! I am at the point in my pregnancy where my bump is rather ambiguous. To those who know I am pregant it is definitely there, but to those who don't necessarily know, they definitely have questions. Jordan and I attended the Chamber of Commerce Gala on Saturday night and I heard someone discreetly ask another person at our table if I was expecting . . . they were still not sure enough to congratulate me without confirmation.

Our next doctor appointment is on Tuesday and thanks to our friendly ultrasound tech. we get another view of our little man (she couldn't see his lips last time, wink wink). Hopefully we will be able to receive more pictures for our collection.