Monday, September 10, 2012

Mom Win!

We have had a crazy week.  Getting back into a routine after Labor Day proved difficult and my house has been 'under construction' for about 2 months and it is finally coming to a head!  (really it is just the dining room, but it spreads everywhere, like my dining room table in my living room, etc.).  This weekend we had nothing on the agenda and thank goodness because both the boys were rather sick. 

Saturday morning began with me waiting for a medical supply shop to open so I could get a nebulizer for Eoin.  When I got back (2 hours later, no nebulizer, but grocery shopping complete!) I got Eoin set up on the couch for a day of rest.  It is so difficult to explain to a sick little 4 year old that lying on the couch all day is not a punishment - also, the difference between 4 and 29, I would give an arm to lie on the couch all day!  After a few shows of the tried and trusted Disney Jr. On Demand, I browsed through a few other 'Kids' channels and found . . . FIREMAN SAM! 

Eoin watch Fireman Sam almost the entire flight home from Ireland.  Several weeks later he asked about it; I blew it off hoping he would forget and thinking how difficult getting the shows might be, but explained that perhaps he could get a few DVDs for Christmas.  I was astounded that Sprout had the shows (only 4 and they are 11 minutes long!) but really I shouldn't be!  He was very happy to watch them most of the day.  The funny thing is, it is definitely a British show, they even have difficult to understand Welsh accents and yet, Eoin LOVES it.  I was so happy something so simply made my sick, little man's day!  Mom Win :)

1 comment:

That Brown Family said...

My kids LOVE fireman Sam! I don't know if you have Netflix but they have tons of episodes on there! Thats how we watch it! I tired to buy toys and such - not as easy!!