Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to School

We hit our 30 week milestone on Sunday! Woo hoo, all these little milestones seem to make the time go by very quickly. Last night we had our first birthing class with our incredibly knowledgable instructor, Jennifer. She will be coming to our home for 6 weekly sessions. Last night we went over fetal development, nutrition, exercise, and some of the terms that we should become familiar with before we enter the delivery room. She is very honest, yet delivers information in a fun way. The two hours flew by last night and we are looking forward to learning more very soon. Honestly, Jordan and I were wondering how 12 hours of "class" may be filled when it comes to birth, but we also understand that there is a lot to learn. Jennifer will cover everything from natural birth (how I am determined to go) to breast feeding, to car seat safety and a healthy home for baby. We are lucky to have her all to ourselves so all of our questions can be addressed!

We are still preparing for baby by getting other items accomplished around the house aside from the nursery. After deep contemplation and some very rude realtors and potential buyers we decided to take our house off the market. We really love our home and we are very happy here, so we have decided to stay! This may have been very obvious considering the nursery, but if you drive by it might become even more obvious! Jordan and Grandpa Kohn began construction on our front porch this past weekend; they are moving the door from the side to the front of the house to give the house more curb appeal. We also have plans to paint the exterior and replace the roof before Eoin makes his arrival. I could be wrong here, but I think Jordan is nesting quite a bit more than I am!!!

Lately, I have been researching and asking many questions regarding my doctor. I had gone through several doctors in the twin cities before I had an appointment with Dr. Weaver and I really do enjoy her manner and I feel very comfortable with both her and her staff. Unfortunatley, I had heard that Dr. Weaver is notorious for inducing labor around 38 weeks and will be very quick to say that I am failing to progress during labor and order a c-section. I am going to be as strick as I can that I want this to be as natural as possible without inducing labor and no c-section unless absolutely necessary. Jordan has been great and said that he will be there, so nothing will happen that I don't want to . . . he is going to be The Enforcer!

Eoin and I have been feeling great lately; I can feel myself losing some of the energy I had, but other than that, I am functioning as normal as possible. I even walked to class on Thursday and weather permitting, might try it again tomorrow! I have still been getting loads of protein, so I am anxiously awaiting our ultrasound on Tuesday to discover if Eoin's tummy has gotten any bigger . . . I know mine has!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I somehow randomly came across your blog (maybe from a link from whattoexpect.com), but at any rate, had to leave a note to tell you 1) you look great! and 2) I get from reading your blog that you live in the Twin Cities...as do I! So, nonetheless had to drop you a note. I enjoyed reading your blog!