Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The home stretch

McKaylah Grace sitting pretty at her birthday party; she has the prettiest "seal" eyes
McKaylah and Sydney enjoying some cookies
McKaylah staring down the entire time everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to her!
Close up of how she looked, notice the pig-tails have been pulled out and she looks like she is in trouble, but she really isn't!
Kelly jumping to the rescue as McKaylah proceeds to "raspberry" all over the cake while trying to blow out the candle (was supposed to be Dora, but it broke!)


This morning I endured the dreaded glucose test at my dr. appointment. I think It turned out that the sugary drink formula didn't taste any worse than a flat Fanta orange drink. I got to run home afterward for a little bit; we live so close to dr. office I even squeezed in some morning television when I got home and then went back to have my blood drawn. What is it about nurses always telling people that they have great veins? Well, I was told this; however, they must have only looked good because the nurse had to take the blood from my hand. I felt like a human pin cushion for the second time in my life and coincidentally the second time in this pregnancy. Jordan did not join me for this appointment. It is the first one he has missed; we decided that it was a rather uneventful appointment and I didn't want him to have to sit around for an hour. Regardless, it is now over and my next appointment is only a couple of short weeks away as I now begin to go every other week and also get another sonogram at the next appointment. We are now in the home stretch of the third, and final, trimester!



Jordan and I got to experience a little bit of what our life as parents my hold this past weekend. We went up north on Saturday to visit with my mom and sister and, of course, McKaylah. We spent the night on Saturday so we could be there to help McKaylah celebrate her 2nd birthday. Jordan and I took McKaylah out to dinner with us on Saturday night to give Kelly and Tim a bit of a break and we collectively decided we are not ready for a 2 year old. She is a very determined little girl. Uncle "jo-jo" and Auntie "rah-rah" couldn't love her any more though. We really appreciated the time we spent with her this weekend. She laid directly on top of me on Sunday morning before we were ready to get up for the day and gives the best hugs and kisses. She is also such a girl! She put my make up on and knew that mascara is for eyes and even fixed up her own "eyes." That picture is on my phone, so be sure to ask to see it! She received many baby dolls for her birthday and has already proceeded to name one baby "Eoie." She kisses my belly and rubs it saying "nice Eoie." She is absolutely adorable and we miss her already!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hey there - I saw your blog on one of your WTE posts. I love it! I also keep a prego blog so I love it when I find others doing it too. You look great by the way!

Jenni said...

OH, I am "mozart623" on WTE.