Monday, April 14, 2008

Catching up!

Dierks!
Luke Bryan was our second favorite, he likes to show off his tush!

Diaper cake, minus the bottle topping, but so cute and creative
Stroller; can't wait to take my lil' man on some long walks!
Car seat that matches the stroller perfectly and wasn't even planned, thanks Auntie Kelly!
Me at almost 33 weeks, carrying very very low and my belly button is disappearing . . .
Whoa, massive . . . take a look back at some of the pictures where you thought I was big at the time! haha With my all black clothing and pale white skin I could be mistaken for a whale.


On Tuesday we had our third birthing class with our amazing instructor, Jennifer. This was by far my favorite class so far. Jordan was taught different massage techniques to not only help me through labor but also these last dwindling weeks of pregnancy. She provided us with a rice sock to help cool down or heat up and also a little massage tool that I believe is simply genius: two tennis balls in a clean sock! These felt amazing on my lower back. She also "simulated" as best she could some pain so we could get some sort of an idea as to how I may handle the pain of contractions during labor. The funny (or really great!) thing was, it was difficult to simulate pain, because my pain threshold seems to be rather high. We did get some pain by putting a very tight clothes pin on my ear and during that time I just wanted to walk around and didn't really want Jordan touching me, although he was great enough to offer. We will just have to wait and see if this is any indication as to how I will react during the real thing . . . only time will tell!

On Friday night, Jordan and I attended the Dierks Bentley concert with Erin, Tony, Mickey and Megan. I was a little apprehensive about going to a concert 8 months pregnant, but felt it was fine since it was held at Braden auditorium on the ISU campus and therefore, could sit if I felt like I needed to. We only sat for a few songs and for the most part thoroughly enjoyed the music, as did lil' Boy . . . he loved Luke Bryan and Dierks, but didn't give much movement for Bucky Covington, so I think he was in full agreement with the rest of the group that he was our least favorite.

I am now 33 weeks pregnant; these last three weeks have crawled by . . . I really wish it would seem like time is going to fly by until I deliver Eoin, but from what I have heard, the last 6 weeks or so seem like they are an eternity! Oh well, with Mike Ditka, another baby shower and the arrival of Eoin's cousin all coming up, hopefully I have enough to look forward to that time doesn't seem to stand still. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, so check back soon for an update!

No comments: