Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Showered with gifts!

On Sunday, Grandma Kohn and I traveled up north to attend a beautiful baby shower for Eoin organized by Rosemary, my mom and my sister! We barely had space in the car on the way home; everyone was so generous and Eoin is truly going to be one of the most spoiled little boys ever. The food was wonderful and it was great to see people I don't have the fortune of seeing often.

His closet is now filled with the cutest little clothes, we received a pack 'n play, high chair, car seat, bottles galore, a bottle warmer, sailboat mobile, boppy cover complete w/ his name embroidered, bath tub, a beautiful Waterford crystal Celtic cross, a floppy chair, headrest, crib aquarium, some fun dvds, a beautiful "diaper cake," blankets and other toys, and did I mention the clothes? Also, instead of signing a card, each guest was asked to sign what they would in a card inside their favorite children's book. I now have loads of books to read to my little man. Wow! We are ready for his arrival. I must say I enjoy "playing" with his stuff as much as I am sure he will. Going to work each day is like tearing a little girl away from her Christmas presents on Christmas day. I love sitting in his nursery and just thinking of how life is truly going to change when he makes his entrance into this world!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow you got some really great gifts at your shower! Some of those are pretty expensive too! I just had my first shower last weekend and mostly received a lot of blankets, onesies, and outfits. I'm really grateful for everything we received, but...I'm thinking my husband and I will have a LOT to still buy on our own, which we were hoping to avoid :( Oh well!