Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!!!!

I'm "1" today!!!


the Birthday Boy!!!!!!!


"really, just a few more minutes! I can barely open my eyes!"

waking up on his birthday!!!
Happy Birthday, Eoin Dean McGrenaghan Kohn!
Today marks Eoin's 1 year anniversary of entering the world. I remember the day so vividly, I could swear it was yesterday. He has lit up every part of our lives and brings smiles to our faces every moment we are together. I rocked him to sleep last night with a tear; it was the last time I rocked him to sleep before he turned one! He must have realized that I was being somewhat nostalgic as he actually let me rock and cuddle him!

This morning, Jordan and I crept into his room to wake him up on his birthday. He heard the door crack and I snapped a picture right at the same time . . . it is as if he is saying "seriously, mom, just a few more minutes!" Once we got him dressed in his birthday gear, he sat
up in the chair in his nursery like a big boy and let us snap some pictures. I love him so much!!!
Today we will celebrate at daycare with Happy Meals and cupcakes! I get to be the cool mom for awhile since I work with Ronald McDonald and have easy access to Happy Meals, haha! Tonight we are having cupcakes at the house to celebrate his actual birthday (holy sugar overload :)) and Saturday will be the big 1st birthday bash! Lots to look forward to and a year of fantastic memories to look back upon!

3 comments:

Cindy Maharg said...

Happy Birthday Big guy, see you Saturday at your party. Love Aunt Cindy

Jenni said...

Happy birthday Eoil! Gosh I can't believe it's been a year. I'm remembering this time last year when you were heading to the hospital!

Unknown said...

What a happy birthday boy!