Monday, December 3, 2007

The Golden Trimester

Good afternoon all! I am feeling wonderful! I am really beginning to realize why the second trimester of pregnancy has been dubed "The Golden Trimester!" I am not nauseaous every waking minute, I have got most of my energy back and I am still fitting (somewhat) into my own pre-pregnancy clothes! I am even going to start working out again tonight and even considering pre-natal yoga . . . maybe a little granola for me, but we shall see.

Jordan and I had a wonderful weekend putting up the Christmas decorations and relaxing. The house looks so festive and welcoming, it was great just to sit and watch a movie last night after a tasty steak dinner compliments of Killarney's for their Christmas Party.

Well, not much news is good news, I am not quite as crabby as I have been, but I am still having some wicked cravings for spicy food (even moreso than before I was pregnant) and candy (especially fruity candy like Skittles or Mambos) and Wild Cherry Pepsi! I am very excited for my mom to arrive home from Ireland with goodies; I gave her a pretty lengthy list because once I said one thing I wanted from Ireland, a million different cookies, candies and eatible items flooded my mind! One thing I have heard is that if you are craving sweets you are expecting a girl . . . since I am craving spicy burn your mouth of foods along with sweets this may mean I will have a little firecracker of a little girl! Only time will tell . . . we have our next appointment a week from tomorrow and the doctor appointment following that will accompany an ultrasound when we will hopefully discover the gender . . . however, Jordan and I have discussed havinge ultrasound tech put the gender in an envelope for us to either open either on Valentine's Day or another day that would make it a little more special than find out in a doctor's office! We shall see, since neither of us are really very good at holding out on surprises . . .

No comments: