Friday, December 17, 2010

The Big Guy (and the missus)






Eoin got to meet Santa! And not just Santa, but Mrs. Claus too! And not just sit on his lap or yell at him across the mall (yes, he has done this! "BRING TRACTORS!) He got to hug him and chat with him . . . I had a grand re-opening of one of our McDonald's locations and with it being so close to the holiday season, I thought that having Santa there during the breakfast hours would be a fantastic idea . . . well, it would've been; however, we received quite a bit of snow the night before and I think people were afraid to come out in the weather. Eoin braved the elements though and practically had Santa all to himself. He had spent the night at Grandma's beforehand and so she brought him to visit the Big Guy. Since I was already there, Santa had a good idea of exactly who Eoin was and what he wanted and had lots to talk to him about. Eoin was a little timid, but still sat on his lap and chatted. He has been asking for tractors for a long time; however, when he sat on Santa's lap a laundry list of items spilled from his little lips! Tractors, a fire truck, a train . . . yep, Grandma and I looked at each other with a little bit of panic :) Purchases have since been made. This Santa was phenomenal! Eoin will definitely see him again next year.

On another note; I think Eoin has definitely got the gift concept down. I didn't realize it wouldn't take very long. Now, he is asking for absolutely everything for Christmas. Commercials are a hot topic and there are no boundaries . . . last night he said "I want that for Christmas" at the end of a Lexus commercial . . . I responded with "Mommy has already asked for that and Santa said no."

No comments: