Monday, July 11, 2011

Goodbye Weekend

Stealing an idea from my gorgeous friend, Natalie, at yourbestbeautiful.com, I am initiating a weekly au revoir to the weekend post.  As a working mom, most of our fun occurs between Friday evening and Sunday night; not to say we don't occasionally blast out of the mold during the week and that is certainly blogable (a new word!).  But here goes for this past weekend (Natalie, I fear my posts will be much more wordy than your beautifully concise statements!).

  • Goodbye Bob's Beach Bash:  Jordan and I attended a fundraiser for his alma mater sans children.  We used a babysitter (Kellye Kohn) for the first time since Liam's birth.  I checked in several times, but Liam and Eoin seemed to be in great hands.  We stayed out longer than expected and arrived home about 10:15pm.  Man, how have the times changed.  10:15pm is when things used to be just getting started.
  • Goodbye sleeping in:  Although Jordan had to get up early for work on Saturday morning, Liam and I slept in while Eoin watched cartoons.  He may have constantly asked if it was 'wake up time.'
  • Goodbye Farmer's Market:  Saturday morning the boys and I headed to the Downtown Farmer's Market.  I was volunteering at the Arthritis Foundation table from 10a-noon and since Jordan was working the boys came with me.  Liam was great and Eoin put himself to work handing out jingle bells representing the Jingle Bell Run.  It was incredibly hot!  Eoin charmed some guys into a Mango tea and a cookie - he is certainly not shy!  Close to our booth was the Miller Park Zoo booth and Eoin had to go and see the 'turtle' that was actually a tortoise.  His poor little eye had sunscreen in it!  Excuse the weird expression.

  • Goodbye swimming pool:  On both Saturday and Sunday many pool hours were logged for my little fish.  With temperatures soaring the only relief, besides the seclusion of the indoors, was in a pool.  We all got in, Liam included!  He seems very content in the water just splashing a little.  
  • Goodbye movie experience:  Eoin and Liam experience their first movie in a theater setting on Saturday night.  Cars 2 was a hit for both.  Although Liam slept throughout with a little spell of crying at the beginning (I removed myself from the theater to settle him down) and Eoin was up and down going to the bathroom (2 large sodas will do that!) we had such a fun time and hope to go again soon.
  • Goodbye Mexican food:  No movie experience is complete without dinner before or after ;)  Eoin was so exhausted from the long day he could barely stay wake and continuously asked if it was time to go home; we obliged, as we were exhausted ourselves!
  • Goodbye Sugar Creek Art Festival:  I head to this each year with my mother-in-law.  She has taught me the value of one of a kind art pieces and each year we wander through looking for a unique find.  This year Eoin and Liam accompanied me and once again it was a scorcher of a day!  After some AC relief in Jimmy Johns (and of course a cookie) we packaged up some finds and headed home, not before walking through the fountain in the roundabout of Uptown Normal. 



Good bye weekend! 
We welcome the wonderful week ahead! 
Hopefully Baby Grayson will make an appearance!

1 comment:

natalie said...

:: oh i just love this!!