Monday, July 18, 2011

Goodbye Weekend

Chalking up another fantastic and busy weekend in the books.

  • Goodbye pictures:  Starting the weekend a little early this week, I headed out right after work to have the boys' pictures taken.  For Liam it was 3 months and for Eoin it was as close to 3 years as we could get this year.  Although I wasn't sure what the session was going to result in, I received the proofing gallery on Friday afternoon and was thrilled.  Laura Kruger is a magician.  I really didn't think there was going to be one good picture in the bunch.  Neither boy was too cooperative or manageable - between Liam crying and Eoin doing somersaults all over, I'm sure it was funny to watch!  Laura posted a preview very quickly and here they are . . .




  • Goodbye quality car time:  We drove up to Lake Villa on Friday evening.  Although Jordan was exhausted (he left for work at 4:00am on Friday morning), he drove.  I find time in the car to be some of the best times.  We are all in one car together and can chat and catch up.  Thankfully I have two little boys that travel incredibly well; we arrived up north around 9:30pm, not leaving too much time to visit before bed called our name!  We left late (for us) on Saturday at 8:40pm, not arriving home until close to midnight.  Eoin did not sleep the entire way home!  Needless to say 
  • Goodbye sleeping in:  Saturday, Eoin played with McKaylah, Jordan ran to Menards for some home improving for my mom, and Auntie Hannah, Mom and Kelly took Liam so I slept in!!  It was amazing.  Sunday, the boys and Jordan and I were wore out so we all slept in!  It was great.
  • Goodbye birthday celebration:  Although Kennedy's birthday is 2 days after Eoin's (June 12th) her birthday party was held on Saturday.  A Dora theme was carried throughout the party and there were even special guests, Dora & Diego! (Um, it was really too hot for a full body fleece costume, but Jordan and I were troopers!)  Eoin played all day long in the bounce house, with toys that were not his and finally on the water slide.  It seemed as if he had boundless energy, but did pass out at one point in McKaylah's tent in the basement.  
  •  
     















  • Goodbye friend and a play:  I cleaned the house top to bottom and it felt great.  I was able to do this and spend some time with my youngest little man as Eoin was asked to accompany friends to a children's play (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at Community Players) and then out for some ice cream.  He had such a blast with Iam and Ben.  He slept so well on Sunday night, closing out another busy weekend filled with fun!

    No comments: