Monday, July 25, 2011

Goodbye Weekend

Can you believe another weekend has flown by?  I really wish time would slow down . . . I love enjoying every minute I can!
  • Goodbye night home with Daddy:  I had a 'Red Hot Society' (a group supporting women's athletics at Illinois State University) event on Friday night.  I got to spend some time with some phenomenal women poolside at Julie D's home while Eoin and Liam hung out with daddy!  Although I missed the boys, I resisted the urge to call home and entrusted Jordan to take care of business.  I came home to all three boys sleeping.  They had fun and so did I, success!




  • Goodbye walking for a great cause:  Saturday morning, the boys and I headed out to The Corn Crib for an Easter Seals event titled 'Walk With Me.'  Jordan had to work, so both boys joined me in the hot weather!  We represented McDonald's and Little Jewels as major sponsors and walked a mile with an Easter Seals representative.  Eoin insisted on wearing a baseball shirt since it was at the baseball fields and picked out one that was incredibly heavy!  Eoin walked with me while Liam sat in the shade with one of his teachers, Ms. Jen.  We headed home shortly after the walk...the only good place when the heat soars as it has recently is either inside with air conditioning or in the pool....
  • Goodbye pool/family time:  Lucky for us, we have our pick when it comes to pools!  Aunties Tina and Krystal were hosted a family get together on Saturday afternoon as Jordan's family from Virgina, the Vernon's, were in town!  When Jordan was finished with work we headed over to spend time with the girls Megan, Abigail and Savannah.  Carson was also there and Eoin loved all the attention!  Abigail got some special Liam lovin' in.  I think it was safe to say all the boys had a blast!  Can't wait to visit the Vernon's on their turf soon! (yep, Amy! I said it ;))



  • Goodbye Lazy Sunday:  We woke up Sunday to a storm!  A great relief to the heat that we had over the past week.  We took advantage of the weather by lazily enjoying our Sunday.  Eoin played with his cars in the morning creating a parking lot before we went to breakfast.  Of course, before that, we had to call and wish Grandma Lisa a very happy birthday.  Afterward, Jordan cleaned while I attempted grocery shopping with the two kids for the first time.  It was definitely not as difficult as anticipated as both boys were little angels!  We capped off the uneventful day with a nice dinner and early to bed . . . sometimes down time is necessary!

No comments: