Monday, August 1, 2011

Goodbye Weekend

We had a somewhat quiet weekend, which was a nice change.

  • Goodbye playtime with friends:  Gavin and Gage came down to play for a couple of hours on Friday night.  I'm sure I've said it before, but we are so lucky for the great neighbors we have.  Eoin, Gavin and Gage all play very well together (as do the adults!) and having them down to play, or for Eoin to go there is always a pleasure and a pleasant experience.  I'm sure these boys are going to being playing together for years to come.
  • Goodbye McDonald's playland:  Saturday morning, Jordan had to work for a few hours, so Allison and I decided it would be a good idea to wear the kids out a little bit with some air-conditioned fun courtesy of McDonald's.  We got to chat a little bit and the boys had fun, Allison got to snuggle with Liam a little too.  




  • Goodbye playing at home:  Sometimes our live is so hectic and 'go-go-go' that I don't think Eoin has much of a chance to unwind and play at home with his own toys and imagination.  This weekend we had some time that permitted just this!  I was able to catch up on laundry (although are you really ever caught up?) and clean while Eoin played.  At one point he mimicked my laundry folding skills by re-folding every wash cloth in our linen closet.  He was really proud of himself and had me come and look at it!  How could you be mad?  He also served me quite a bit of "food."  I would definitely have to say that playing 'restaurant' is one of Eoin's favorite games.  He is always taking our order and having us pay.  I swear we don't eat out that much, but isn't it crazy what concepts kids grab onto and run with. 


    Yes, my little naked chef, he is constantly without clothes on at home



Liam got some play time of his own in!  He is so close to rolling over!

  • Goodbye date night/Grandma, Papa Kohn night:  Saturday night was a milestone.  Jordan and I had a little date planned to go to Conklin's Dinner Theatre.  We were dropping the boys off for a fun night with Grandma and Grandpa Kohn.  Upon giving kisses and about to head out the door, Lisa said, 'alright, have fun, we'll just bring the boys to breakfast tomorrow.'  Wait?What?  That would mean they would both spend the night here?  Well, it was the first night away from Liam.  I am glad that it was not entirely 'planned.'  I wasn't able to over think it too much.  He was in great hands!  I wish we had of enjoyed ourselves a little more.  I received a text during dinner from Lisa "Best baby ever!  Sound asleep!  Gonna keep him too, best have another!"  I missed him and it came with a picture.   We left the show half way through because I had it in my head that I was still going to pick him up, I called to check in and he was sleeping.  So Jordan and I went home without boys.  The house was quiet.  Lisa texted at 6:00am to let me know he was awake (I didn't leave much milk since I wasn't anticipating the stay and wanted to nurse him upon waking up) and I rushed over as if there was a fire.  I found him and Grandma on the back porch happy as could be!  We are so lucky to have family close.  Now that this hurdle has been jumped, when can Lisa take him again?
  • Goodbye Sunday Funday:  If we had to have a 'typical' Sunday in the summer, this past Sunday is an example of it.  Our little family is truly one filled with creatures of habit.  The only deviation to our 'norm' on Sunday was that we didn't all wake up together (see above).  We ate breakfast at Shannon's with Grandma and Grandpa.  Eoin is a big fan of the buffet and the French toast sticks.  We caught up on house chores, played and took naps (all while Jordan was fulfilling cleaning account duties) before we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for a dip in the pool and dinner.  Jordan has a 'rule' that we try our best not to have too many plans on Sundays so we can fulfill long withstanding plans of relaxing ;)  Sundays might be the most perfect day of the week.  






 Goodbye weekend, hello full week ahead! And, it's AUGUST! 

No comments: