Monday, August 15, 2011

Goodbye Weekend

I say it with every 'goodbye weekend' post, but these weeks are flying by . . . thankfully we are enjoying every minute, but I'd definitely settle for a little bit of a slow down!

Goodbye Cornbelters:  Eoin was invited to attend the Normal Cornbelters game with two of his favorite little boys!  Ian and Ben.  He loved every minute and stayed afterward for the fireworks.  He got back past his bedtime and mine :)  Jordan and I were given a little taste of what high school might be like as we sat up waiting for him.  He was exhausted when he got home, but Ben and Ian had fallen asleep on the ride home and Eoin was still bright eyed!  Deanna treated him to a new Cornbelters t-shirt and even some Cornbetlers silly bandz.  Needless to say, he had a blast!  Side not:  Couldn't all three be brothers?



Goodbye Hockey:  Eoin had his second week of hockey.  I had to miss but Eoin had a cheering section nonetheless.  He had a blast and we now use hockey as an incentive for good behavior.  This was his first time wearing his new helmet and I think it made him look more professional.

Goodbye first race:  Saturday morning, I braved the humidity with Missy (my neighbor) and we endured the Evergreen Lake 5K.  While my performance was not very desirable, I finished it and I ran the course in its entirety.  Goals were met and now I'm ready to beat my new post-baby time.

Goodbye celebrating baby:  My very good friend Annie will be welcoming the sweetest addition to her family shortly and on Saturday we got together with other close friend to celebrate Maxwell Groves McGee!  Katie, Melissa and I hosted a shower at Katie's house and thanks to the guest and Katie's mom, Susan, it turned out beautifully and little Max was showered with some wonderful gifts!  I am so excited that Liam will have great friends so close in age.

Goodbye travel/mommy time/daddy time:  After the morning festivities, Liam and I jumped in the car to head north.  My sister just had surgery and my cousin Helena is visiting from Ireland, so a visit was overdue.  Liam was a perfect angel for the entire trip, except for the two hours that he should have been sleeping and my mom, Helena and I were trying to watch the Help (fabulous book and movie from what I saw).  I was in and out of the theater complex, I stood for the majority of the movie and I doubt I will be trying that again anytime soon!    Eoin and Jordan played and played and played.  Eoin loves to play 'cops' and 'alligators.'  He truly is a very imaginative little man and Jordan is the best daddy to play along with some of his scenarios!


No comments: