Thursday, August 18, 2011

4 months! {Liam Paul}

Liam and I had a little outing by ourselves to the doctor.  It is so funny how trips with only one child have quickly become the easiest of outings, while it wasn't too long ago these were the only trips!  Liam was a little angel.  He had two shots and an oral inoculation and while there was a little crying, he took them like a man!  The stats are as follows:
Height:  25 1/2" - 75th percentile
Weight:  16lbs 6oz - 75th percentile
Head Circumference:  17 inches - 75th percentile

Our little man is nothing if not consistent!  He is perfectly proportionate!  
Of course, I had to do a little comparing and at this age, Eoin was just a few ounces more, weighing in at 16lbs 15oz and their height was the same.  I have two big (little) boys.  

Liam is actually a little ahead of where Eoin was developmentally.  He is consistently rolling over and he actually plays with his toys!  He will snap his neck and move into position to watch television if it is on (so we try to keep it off!) or if he hears mommy or daddy's voice.  Jordan and I had to giggle, while we seating eating this past weekend, he literally bent his body and tilted his head to get a better look at me while I was talking and he was seated in Jordan's lap!  Liam is currently wearing clothes that range anywhere from 3 through 9 months.  I have been lazy in pulling out Eoin's old 6 month and up clothing, but that definitely needs to happen soon.  Liam's eyes are currently still blue.  They could change at anytime, but they are holding steady and Eoin's were definitely a dark brown by this point!  The doctor has given us the go-ahead to start solids whenever we wish, however, mama's milk is still fine until 6 months.  I think we may hold off, he is a good sleeper and I see no rush!  

Liam is an absolute joy; he is very easy going and rarely fusses.  He sleeps well and is a wonderful cuddler.  How we were blessed with two phenomenal babies would definitely be beyond me, except, I know now how they are when they are three ;)

No comments: