Thursday, May 29, 2008

HEADLINE: WOMAN ETERNALLY PREGNANT

6 days left until my due date and I really feel like I am going to be pregnant forever. I know this has never occurred before, but I believe that I may be a strong contender for the first person it ever happens to . . . I'll be 68 years old, and I'll be so mad that I haven't enjoyed sushi or a margarita in 43 years. My hair will be long and thick though, so at least I will have something positive to take from it!

I have had strong contractions this week; Saturday night we missed out on the fun of John and Tara's wedding because I was not feeling well . . . actually I was very anxious because I thought I was going to deliver a baby. I was sitting in bed timing my strong contractions wondering if this was in fact the real thing . . . I ended up falling asleep and woke up to no more contractions; alas, still pregnant. I had my manager outing planned for Wednesday in Peoria. With it being planned for exactly one week prior to my due date, I had obviously a contingency plan in place in case of my absense. With Saturday's contractions I decided to stay back and made this decision with my boss on Sunday. Well, with no event of a birth on Tuesday I decided to go . . . Julie drove separately and was my escape car in case the situation called for it. Of course Tuesday night, I had some more cramping and strong contractions. I was at a movie with Lisa, Jessi and Kathy and decided that I would make it through the movie; I did and of course the contractions subsided! So here I am, lots of practice, but no true labor yet! Stay posted . . . if I don't have a baby soon, maybe I can do some talk shows or something?!

No comments: