Friday, May 2, 2008

Lots to share

Time has flown past week or so . . .

To begin, on Wednesday April 23rd, Jordan and I had the honor of meeting The Coach. That's right, folks, we got to meet Mr. Mike Ditka live and in person. We happen to be avid Chicago Bears fans and so this was definitely quite a treat. Ditka was the featured speaker for the annual Evening of Stars event which is a fundraiser for the American Red Cross of the Heartland. We were invited by my boss and since we were corporate sponsors, we got to go to a reception beforehand at which we received pictures and he even signed a little baby bib and hat for Eoin! He was a great speaker and had the audience in stitches laughing at several parts of the program and sweetly brought his grand-daugher, who attends ISU, as he date for the night. It was a great night!

This past weekend, April 27th, to be exact, I was lucky enough to have a 2nd baby shower. I was overwhelmed with all of the gifts from the 1st shower and this 2nd one was just as great. We received lots more clothes, socks and shoes (again, I'm a little jealous of the closet situation!), a swing, bumpo chair(s) with a tray, diaper champ(s), a video monitor, regular monitors, a jumperoo, a play gym, lullaby cd's, a humidifier, lots of toys and rattles, name letters for his nursery, a handmade quilt and pillow, diapers, feeding items and bottles, a thermometer, wash clothes and towels (really cutes ones!), some Chicago Bears attire and footwear, roller shades for the car, a baby bjorn carrier, some special blankets, a chair with his name embroidered, wooden blocks. We received a couple of duplicates, but what a great problem to have! We have absolutely no purchases to make before he gets here! We are all set and ready for Eoin to make his arrival, he is entering the world spoiled as can be! I also received a few gifts at the shower . . . I got a silver bracelet with mother, mere and madra stamped into the silver and some comfy jammies for after Eoin arrives. The shower was so great, the food was wonderful and we had great cake from Janet's (my favorite!). Jordan and I spend the afternoon finding places for all of Eoin's new stuff and I was exhausted by the time everything was put away.

Jordan has been out of town for work this week and arrives home today! I am excited, although I was successful in filling my evenings while he was gone. On Tuesday I went to see the movie Baby Mama with Katie; two preggos on bring your own bucket night . . . it was fun!! I am very sore today, however, because I think that I may be beginning to 'nest.' Last night I went a little crazy cleaning the house and although I feel rather accomplished and my fridge is sparkling, I am stiff today! I also had a doctor's appointment this morning. Two weeks ago when I made the appointment, I was told that they would "check" me today. I prepped myself for this, aka, shaved my legs, and no "check!" So apparently all my hard work was for nothing!!!!! My next appointment (they are now weekly) is Thursday and I will have a "check" and the strep test performed. We are really coming down to the wire and last few weeks. Also, we are waiting on the phone call from Ashley to let us know that Aidan is on her way . . . Ashley's due date is Thursday!

1 comment:

naptimeplease said...

what movie are we going to see this week on "bring your own bucket night?" That was so much fun! :)

Katie