Friday, May 30, 2008

Shouldn't this have been my last?

This morning Jordan and I woke up anxious to attend what I consider should be my last doctor's appointment . . . the sun was shining, I was in a wonderful mood, I was very excited to hear about the progress the contractions I had earlier in the week had helped along, and I was just again in a great mood . . . then BAM! NO PROGRESS! My prediction from yesterday was confirmed, Eoin is staying put for the rest of my life. Dr. Weaver said I was definitely "softer" and "thinner" than last week, but no more dialation. She mentioned that my bones are small, but that shouldn't be a problem because she doesn't expect a very big baby . . . I read this as C-SECTION. Loud and clear . . . of course I am hoping and praying not for that to happen. Well, she asked for me to make an appointment for Tuesday and I will have an ultrasound at that point also. I left in tears. Jordan was irritated with me and asked me to stop as he was afraid people would think there was something wrong with the baby. I am thankful that there is not; so far there have been no complications with the baby or the pregnancy, however, I am finished. Done. I have 5 days until my due date and 4 days until my next doctor's appointment. All along people have mentioned that I probably wouldn't make it to my due date and silly me, believed everything I heard (I think you believe what you want to . . . if people kept mentioning that I was definitely going to go over, I wouldn't have heard a word, haha).



Regardless, just wanted to let everyone know that I am still pregnant and intend on being this way for awhile.



To Eoin: Mommy loves feeling you kick, it is the highlight of my days . . . however, it is so nice out here in the world. You are a very loved little boy already with lots of people anxiously awaiting your arrival; mommy and daddy are getting impatient so, no rush, but if you want to make your appearance soon, we would love to finally meet the little guy who has brought so much meaning to our lives already! Love you.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Ha!I soooo know how you feel right now. I'm beginning to wonder if this baby is ever going to come out. At least you've had contractions. I haven't even had 1 single one of those - not even Braxton Hicks. I think my baby has taken up permanent residency. It sure is getting old! Each day I wake up hoping that this will be the day...and each day I go to bed again still prego. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Anna said...

Ciarra, I've been following along this whole time and I can't WAIT to hear that Eoin has decided to grace us with his presence. Maybe this is just a sign that he will be a very punctual person, that he won't cut corners or leave work early everyday! See? A bright side to everything. Hang in there, kiddo! Love you! (PS it looks like I'm up really late leaving you a comment, but I'm actually studying in Madrid and it's 9:22 am here.)