Monday, June 2, 2008

Still pregnant? Yeppers!

Okay, so maybe I'm not quite that chipper when I am asked if I am still pregnant . . . at all. That's right folks, 2 days until my due date and I'm still not in labor. I did, however, have a lovely weekend . . . I'll fill you in.

Saturday, after sleeping in, I went over the Jordan's mom and dad's house and got into the pool. I must recommend this for anyone who is preggers . . . being weightless and in the water is the best feeling in the world! I wanted to find a floating pillow and sleep in the pool as the water coutoured my body better than my bed ever could! It was relaxing beyond words, so I decided to do it again on Sunday :) I got a little bit too much sun on Saturday so I had to lather on the sunscreen on Sunday . . . who would've thought that 9 months without any sun exposure would lead to a burn? haha . . . I'll blame that one one pregnesia! On Saturday, whilst awaiting the arrival of Ashley, Nick and most importantly Aidan, I went on a walk with Lisa . . . she wore me out and we walked about 4 miles. It felt great at the time, but I must say I paid for it later. I was very sore that night and I developed some swelling in my feet and ankles . . . I actually developed a LOT of swelling in my feet and ankles which were dubbed Fred Flintstone feet!

The highlight of the weekend was meeting Aidan Jo! She is absolutely adorable and made me want for my lil' man even moreso! She has a full head of hair and dimples and really is such a good little baby. Ashley, Nick and Aidan came to visit to check out Eoin's nursery and I got to try out a real baby in my stroller. Aidan seemed to enjoy it, so I can't wait for Eoin to test drive it also!

Jordan was able to get lots accomplished around the house; he began painting the exterior last weekend and with Pat's help was able to get a lot more done this weekend . . . also check out our new porch lights that made their debut yesterday thanks to eletrical help from Nick! Jordan left this morning for work for the week, but I'll hopefully be giving him a call to get back either Wednesday or Thursday . . . we'll see; I will hopefully know more after my doctor's appointment tomorrow . . . I have been anxiously awaiting it! Tomorrow 1:30pm . . . stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Wow I can't believe you walked 4 miles! I feel like just walking to the end of our driveway is hard LOL. Your poor feet.

The swimming pool idea sounds sooooo nice. I WISH we had a pool somewhere close - I would be there everyday. Everyone keeps telling me to take baths to relax....but we just have a normal sized bathtub and being 9+ months pregnant it is kind of hard to get comfortable in it. Blah!