Friday, June 13, 2008

Introducing Eoin Dean


Isn't he precious! Look at those cheeks!

8lbs 8oz. Big hands and feet!

Our first family picture :)

We are home!!! We welcomed Eoin Dean McGrenaghan Kohn into the world on June 10, 2008 at 2:51pm . . . weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 8oz. and measuring 18 inches long. He is absolutely the most beautiful, most well-behaved, perfect baby in the entire world (okay, I'm a little biased!).

We arrived at the hospital on Tuesday at approximately 12:05am to check in for the induction. Upon our arrival we were ushered to a labor and delivery room and I was started on Pitocin to induce contractions. After approximately 14 hours of laboring and taking the most Pitocin that was medically allowed, I had still not dialated much past 1cm!! Little boy did not want to make his appearance into the world easy, so after a little debate and two final checks of my lack of progress, Jordan and I made the decision along with our doctor, to have a cesarian section. I was disappointed at first, but really wanted to meet Eoin. So at 2:30pm I was wheeled in the operating room to receive my spinal (worst experience of my life, it hurt!) Jordan was not allowed in until after I received the anesthesia and by the time he got in, my bad reaction to it had already begun, I was vomiting through a lot of the surgery :( But at 2:51pm we heard the first cries from our perfect little boy and I couldn't help the tears from flowing! Jordan whispered to me how proud he was and how perfect Eoin was and I got to see him briefly before I was whisked to recovery and Eoin was whisked to the NICU to get weighed and measured. His APGAR scores were great, an 8 and a 9 respectively! I was in recovery for about an hour before I was moved to our room, but my mom and Jordan were with me quite a bit as well as visits from Lisa, Erin and of course my precious son!

I would have been discharged on Thursday, but Eoin decided to not eat as well as he could, but things have definitely changed and he chugs now! We are so excited for everyone who has not met him, to meet him and he loved all of the visitors he had while in the hospital; he already knows he is very loved!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Awwe! Congratulations you two! I've been checking your blog everyday hoping for this particular update. :) Your little man is so precious. You are the 2nd friend of mine that went in to get induced and ended up with a Csection. Including myself that would make 3 of us this week. Crazy! I was on Pitocin for 22 hours and only progressed to about 3 cm and was physically drained. I had to get a Csection because Preston was positioned really weird and wouldn't drop (which is why I never went into labor on my own). But anyway - aren't you loving being a mom? I can't believe how much love I have already for this little baby. It is like nothing else in the world is as important right now. Anyway - hope you are recovering well. I'm still in some pain but each day I'm feeling a little better. Now if I only didn't look 5 months pregnant still LOL....

Unknown said...

Awwwww....alll your pctures made me cry! He's Amazing!!!!!!!!!!