Friday, June 6, 2008

Last appointment (really this time)

This afternoon I had my last prenatal appointment at Dr. Weaver's office. Although I was not sure what to expect, it was rather short and uneventful. I had some signals of labor in the last few days and so I was excited to see if I was progressing any further, but the appointment only consisted of a non-stress test. I basically just sat and read some magazines for awhile. Lil' boy was sleeping for the majority of the test, but thankfully woke up shortly before the nurse came in, otherwise the test would have taken longer. Everything is fine; it was strange leaving the office, everyone told me good luck . . . I really do like all the people involved with Dr. Weaver's office, she is a great doctor and has surrounded herself with a wonderful staff. Was was even more strange was pulling out of the parking garage at BroMenn realizing that the next time I enter, it will be to park before I am admitted for the induction . . .whoa! Baby is comin'

The plan for this weekend includes staying cool . . .the weather has just started getting very warm (lil' boy should have arrived before this) and I was laying, 9 months pregnant, dying last night and finally gave in and turned on the air-conditioning. I think lots of time in the pool is in my plans for the weekend and of course making final preparations for my lil' prince . . . also, Jordan and I may be welcoming another member to our family, a little Boston terrier. While researching names for this new addition, I came across the Irish meaning of Eoin (we loved the name, it was a family name and so finding out the meaning was not anything that crossed my mind) and it means gift of God. I love it almost as much as I already love him!!!! Not too much longer now . . . Monday night/Tuesday morning is going to arrive before we know it; I making sure to fill my time up between now and then so it flies by. Jordan and I are both planning on working on Monday (the minutes would literally crawl if I didn't) and I am going to class Monday evening, so I just have to come home and take my time showering and getting things together and then to the hospital we go!!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow -you are actually going to go into work on Mon and then do a class??? You are a go-getter girl. If it were me, I would be resting up all I could knowing that I would be exhausted for the rest of the week from giving birth. But then again....you get to rest and relax afterwards.

How funny - I had a non-stress test done yesterday too. I got to sit in a recliner and read magazines too - but my baby was actually awake and active for most of the test so I kept having to push that dang button.

Did it bug you that your Dr didn't check your cervix? I guess if she has already scheduled you for an induction maybe she is not even bothering about you going into labor on your own at this point?

I just went and bought some "Evening Primrose Oil" get tablets. Apparently they are supposed to help soften the cervix. I reeeeeeeeally don't want to be induced, so I'm trying these last few methods to see if it helps me go into labor on my own. One of my friends just delivered last Sunday and she had been using it for a few days beforehand.

Well, good luck - enjoy your relaxing weekend in the pool. Where are you at anyway? I'm in Seattle and for the past week we've had consistent rainy 60 degree weather. Everyone has been teasing me saying "I bet you are the only person glad to still have cool weather. The rest of us want summer to be here!"

Krystal said...

You impress me more than you know! Can't wait to meet him tomorrow!
YEAH!!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait Cous'!!!!!! I'm so super excited! I want a baby and a puppy too!!!! LOL! Maybe next year!?! I can't wait to meet him!!!!! (I'm sure you can't either!)