Monday, June 23, 2008

firsts


Gettin' ready for the tub . . .

Starting to figure out what is going on . .

Hmmm, this isn't too bad . . .

Okay, I don't like it, get me out . . . .

Phew, warm and in mommy's arms, oh yeah with my hands!

sun hat, paci, "good looks run in the family" onesie . . .we're ready for a walk!

He loves his stroller

In minutes, he was out for the count

Eoin and I are beginning to work into some form of a schedule (I'm going to use that term very loosely) and I now have all of the expectations down pat for my class this summer and my recovery from the c-section has been better than I could have hoped for . . . so, hopefully this means many more and frequent blog updates! :) So lets get into it, shall we?! Pictures above are from Eoin's first walk. . . it took mommy 9 days before I felt up for it (actually I was chomping at the bit to go on a walk, but my incision decided to bleed a little, so we held off for a couple of days). He was such a good boy on his walk and loved all the sights and sounds of nature on the Constitution Trail. We decided to walk the trail as opposed to the neighborhood because it was all shade, so Squirt didn't get any sun.

As you can tell, we have many nicknames for Eoin, but the first nickname that he has officially earned is "Squirt." He is a little boy, so you can only imagine how he earned this title . . . he has now squirted on many people, the wall next to his changing table, the wall next to the changing table and Grandma and Grandpa Kohn's, he anywhere chair cover, lots of clean diapers that had yet to be put on, and the list will be sure to lengthen.

What was left of Eoin's umbilical cord fell off yesterday . . . this is kind of a first?! It won't be followed with a second or third, however, so maybe not a first :)

Eoin's first bath was last night, since the remainder of the umbilical cord came off, we were finally able to fully bathe the little boy. We have had a rough morning and he seems to have accomplished getting spit up in his hair, so his second bath will be a mere 14 hours later. Boys will be boys.

No comments: