Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Eoin-isms

I know I have a lot of blog posting to catch up on, and once again, I promise I will just as soon as I knock a few other things off some lists, but I just had to capture a few things that Eoin said this weekend that had me laughing!

He is really talking so well and catching on to so many phrases.

Sunday morning, Jordan went hunting and so Eoin and I went on a little breakfast date to McDonald's before heading to the grocery store. Of course the playland was a required stop (perfect indoor park when there is snow on the ground). We had the place to ourselves for quite awhile, which was perfect because Eoin got to figure out the layout and spend plenty of time in his favorite spots. Shortly we were joined by two adorable little girls; they were definitely a couple of years older and wiser than Eoin's 2 1/2 years, though. Eoin proceeded to introduce himself to them at the top of the jungle gym. "Hi, I'm Eoin. Eoin Dean Kohn." I heard him say this several times to the little girls who were clearly ignoring him! You know, because I understand 2 1/2 year old gibber, but they may not have!

If this wasn't enough, from the other side of the jungle gym came a phrase that about had me spit out my half caf . . . I can't even believe the other mother didn't laugh . . anyways, I heard "Wait for Eoin, Ladies!" hilarious. I couldn't make this up.

Although a fun situation, it wouldn't be an outing if I wasn't slightly embarrassed. Eoin asked me if I wanted to play McDonald's. Of course, I said, yes. He asked what I wanted, I responded "Chicken Nuggets, please." His response?! "For a boy or a girl?" One mom turned and asked if we come here much? I couldn't even begin to explain to her ...

1 comment:

Katsune said...

LOL!!!!! OMG I was 'back reading' your posts, and OMG! What a witty young man you have on your hands....good luck...he is one SMART cookie!