Monday, October 4, 2010

12 weeks

I'm 12 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 12 weeks
Size of baby: Baby Kohn is the size of a lime
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 3 lbs . . . well that was two weeks ago, but I'm not weighing myself except for doctor's appointments; I tend to stress out about it too much then!
Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing my normal clothes but I definitely notice them getting tighter!
Gender: Can't wait to find out!
Movement: Pretty sure I felt a little movement in my lower abdomen yesterday . . . or it was just my imagination or gas, who knows!!
Sleep: I'm so tired - that I sleep pretty well at night!
What I miss: Working out hard!
Cravings: McDonald's breakfast
Symptoms: I'm starting to feel a lot better. I have vomited this pregnancy and didn't really with Eoin. I have basically been nauseous every minute of every day and moreso when I am hungry


Well, there goes it! This will be the update I continue to post weekly until Baby Kohn arrives. This pregnancy has been a roller coaster so far! From pain from a cyst giving the doctor cause to be concerned that the pregnancy may be ectopic (clearly that is a no!) to blood test results yielding low progesterone. I have not been at my beloved boot camp in weeks nor ran a mile since I can remember. I am beginning to feel great; however, and have been given the green light to resume activity so I'm really hoping to change that!

Beyond the negative, Jordan and I am beyond thrilled to be welcoming another little life into ours! Eoin is going to make an absolutely perfect big brother. He has named the baby "Tractor Eoin Dean," and although I think it is a perfect name, as I think most things that come out of Eoin's mouth are (I'm not at all a biased parent), I'm not sure it will suit our little girl. No, I do not currently know the gender, we are about 6 weeks out from that if everything cooperates, but I am noting that I will be knocked over with a feather if the ultrasound technician declares a boy. Do not get me wrong, I would be thrilled either way, boy or girl, I just have a sneaking suspicion this is a girl and I want it documented!

In other news, we are currently working on transforming our fourth bedroom into Eoin's big boy room; his current room will remain the nursery. I'm excited for Eoin to have his room with toys and a big boy bed. We didn't do much to his nursery upon moving into our house; it had just been painted, so painting it seemed like a waste of time and resources. We basically hung a few things on the wall, put his furniture in and called it a day. I am beyond excited for this room to be all 'his.' And of course, once we find out the gender for sure, I will begin plans for the nursery! Okay, so maybe the plans are already laid out if it is a girl . . . they will just be executed later :)

Until next time . . .

No comments: