Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Boy or Girl

It's crazy to think, but this time next week Jordan and I will know if we are going to have another son or a daughter. If Eoin is going to have a little brother or sister. Well, we will hopefully know, if the lil' stinker decides to cooperate :)

In the meantime, I thought a fun little blog would be to bring up the old wives tales regarding the pregnancy correlating to gender of the baby . . . let's see which are squashed next week and which hold true.

  • How the baby is 'carried.' Apparently carrying high means a girl and carrying low means a boy. If this one is true I think girl. Jordan tells me I am carrying this baby higher than how I carried Eoin.
  • Hearbeat. Apparently if the heartbeat is over 140 it means girls, but below 140 that would be a boy. If this one is true, it is a girl. The nurse practitioner even told me this one ;) The heartbeat has been consistently in the 150s.
  • Hair on legs. If the hair on the legs grows faster than normal, the baby is supposed to be a boy and if it is the same or slower, then a girl. I have to make the call this one as team green! I honestly have not paid any attention.
  • Food cravings. If you crave salty food it is a boy, if you crave sweet foods it is a girl. I have been craving white bread. I don't know if this is sweet or salty or both? Another team green?
  • Conception month/mothers age math. According to this, one would add the conception date (July in my case which would equal 7) with the mother's age at conception (27). If the total is odd it means boy and even means girl. This one is definitely girl as it equal 34. I had to do this one with my pregnancy with Eoin to see if it worked. My conception date then was September and my age was 24 which equals 33, odd, meaning boy, so it did work for Eoin!
We will know either way very soon, but according to this, I would say that a little girl. I'm not buying bows yet (or maybe I have, but that is another post), but all shall be revealed on Monday November 15th!

2 comments: