Thursday, November 4, 2010

Eoin-isms

Eoin's speech abilities have grown tremendously as of late. Not coincidentally the amount of time that he actually spends talking has also increased. He talks and talks and talks. And while we can understand what he is saying for the most part, some of it even makes sense!

Same conversation every morning:
Eoin: Where is Daddy at?
Ciarra: Where do you think he is?
Eoin: At work.
Ciarra: Yep, he is at work!
Eoin: No he isn't! He's at a baseball game!

Eoin has been to exactly 4 baseball games in his life (4 Peoria Chiefs, 1 Normal Cornbelters) and it has stuck!

Today in the car:
Eoin: I see more tractors!
Ciarra: You do? Do you like tractors?
Eoin: yah
Ciarra: What do you want Santa to bring you? (we are getting closer to Christmas and I feel the need to start talking about it with Eoin, don't judge)
Eoin: TRACTORS!!!!
Ciarra: Now, you know in order for Santa to bring you tractors, you need to be a really good boy and ask him nicely for some tractors, right? (yes, I think he gets this!)
Eoin: I'm a bad boy.
Ciarra: No, you are a good boy! I think you are a good boy.
Eoin: I'm a bad boy at school.
Ciarra: (thinking: my child is golden, who is telling him that he is bad!) You need to be a good boy, say, "I'm a good boy."
Eoin: I'm a good boy.

No comments: